Clubs and Societies Administrator
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 19,000 students at University of Limerick. We are currently looking for a Clubs and Societies Administrator to join the engagement team at UL Student Life. This new addition will be key in strengthening our clubs and societies department ensuring that we can continue to support our student committees allowing UL students to get the full university experience by joining one of our 70+ clubs and societies. The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the team in a diverse and exciting environment.
UL Wolves Clubs and Societies is a huge part of the student experience in UL. With over 70 different clubs and societies and over 7,000 members, the C&S team guide and support the 700+ student committee members in the running of their individual C&S.
This is an exciting time to join an ever-growing team, with the development of our new Student Centre as a part of the Leave a Legacy campaign. This will present many new opportunities for the student engagement team.
This role will involve working closely with the clubs and societies team, committee members, UL Student Life colleagues and our elected student officers. Some of the key duties will include record keeping and fielding online and in person queries. In a busy and exciting office, the ability to manage priorities is essential.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organisational skills with a proficiency in MS Office and Share Point. The administrator will be central to the success of the engagement team and the student centred service the clubs and societies team provide.
Job title: Clubs & Societies Administrator
Reporting to: Clubs & Societies Senior Coordinator
Date: November 2023
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Support the Clubs & Societies Department in the administration and support of student led Clubs & Societies through Record Keeping, Room & Vehicle Bookings
- Support the Clubs & Societies Department on the delivery of the objectives as outlined in the current and future UL Student Life, Strategic Plan(s)
- Utilising the UL Wolves website for the delivery of a high quality administrative service to the Student Clubs & Societies. It has multiple embedded functionality (no programming skills required) to complement service delivery in a number of keys areas
- Financial Administration via UL Wolves Website (no financial qualifications required)
- Administrative support to the Clubs & Societies Senior Coordinator & the Clubs & Societies Coordinator
- Facilitate “on-line” and “walk-in” queries relating to Clubs & Societies on a daily basis.
- Record keeping
- Minutes & Policies Update, SharePoint
- Rulebook, Annual Minute Book & Beginners Guide & Standard Operating Procedures
- Help Desk for Administrative support for Key Events i.e. Clubs & Society Sign Up Drive Semester 1 & Semester 2
- Facilitate Room Bookings - Liaise with C&S Committees/UL Student Academic Administration/UL Buildings & Estates’/Plassey Campus Centre and Head of Student Life Student Centre Operations
- Administrate C&S Office info-email account & UL Wolves Website Updates & MSL Website for UL Student Life updates re C&S sections where necessary.
- Finance - Processing weekly Clubs & Societies financial requests via UL Wolves Website
- Processing the Annual Clubs & Society summer Budget submissions in collaboration with the C&S Coordinator
- Vehicle Administration i.e. Bookings & Facilitate Proficiency Tests and related Bookings & Scheduled Maintenance/Records
- Approving C&S Volunteer Hours as required
- Contribute to the UL Student Life team by supporting colleagues in their work.
- Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- At least 2 years recent experience of working with students in a third level environment is essential OR at least 2 years recent relevant experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive / confidential material and awareness of GDPR.
- A familiarity with and understanding of UL Student Life’s work as well as our aims & objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good administrative, organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise projects as appropriate and work to deadlines, as required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- General understanding of social media.
More About Our Team
UL Student Life is the representative body for over 18,000 students at University of Limerick.
Our Vision is to be a world-renowned trailblazing students’ body recognised for championing students and delivering the best university life experience. By taking an open, inclusive, and non-judgemental approach, we will create an environment enabling students to foster lifelong relationships during their time in university.
Our Mission is to continuously improve the lives of students by welcoming them into a friendly, fun environment that gives a real sense of belonging. We are committed to supporting the ever-changing needs of students in modern day society. As a team, we work together, listening, adapting, and ultimately improving our students’ university life experience.
Our Values: Student-led and student-centred; Committed to acting with integrity; Inclusive and welcoming; Professionally organised; Collaborative; Innovative; Representative of all in UL; Responsive to student’s needs; Adaptive to students demands.
At UL Student life, our aim is to bring our strategic plan ‘Building on Success’ to fruition. We aim to do this by committing to a collaborative approach between student bodies, third parties, our leaders, and our team of dedicated staff.
Our strategic plan has been specifically created to support our mission to ‘continuously improve the life of students.’
To support this mission, the EVOLVE competency framework model has been created at UL Student Life to ensure that each team member has the opportunity to deliver this strategy to the highest possible standard.
Through the implementation of this framework, it is envisaged that the delivery of strategic goals can take place in tandem with the development of each individual’s personal and professional goals, core skills and competencies. The 5 key behaviours and competencies we look for in our team are:
Creativity; Teamwork & Collaboration; Self-Management; Communications and Student Centred.
We welcome applications from those who feel they possess these key competencies and behaviours.
Working at UL Student Life
This is a full-time position with UL Student Life with core office hours and a requirement for flexibility to work some unsocial hours as and when required and will be based at the Student Centre, University of Limerick.
A salary scale of €28,142 – €39,857 will apply to the successful candidate and a probationary period.
UL Student Life offers you the opportunity to work in an exciting and progressive environment and enjoy great staff benefits including:
- Flexible Working
- Sick Pay Scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave of 26 days, exclusive of public holidays, company days and wellbeing days
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted gym membership
- Bike to Work Scheme
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outline clearly, how your experience matches the essential experience and qualifications required for this role.
Please mark your application ‘Clubs and Societies Administrator’ in the subject field of your email
Further enquiries about the role can be directed to email@example.com
Closing date for application is Wednesday 29th November at 5.00pm