Why Become a Class Rep?
Class Representatives are a vital part of the representation structure at the University of Limerick. You ensure that the concerns, opinions, and ideas of your classmates are heard. This role empowers you to create positive change by giving you the training to support your fellow students, develop your skill set, and loops you into proactive listening spaces with other representatives.
What Do Class Reps Do?
- Receive class rep training through Leaders for Life and NStEP - upon completion, you receive two digital badges.
- Attend Class Rep Forums - an active listening space where representatives share experiences, ideas, and get updates on the latest University news.
- Build relationships with their lecturers, tutors and classmates and stay in contact.
- Create WhatsApp, Discord, etc., groups and channels to connect with classmates and plan outings or study sessions.
- Connect with our representatives - did you know that there are department reps, interest group councillors, and student executive members?
- Promote student feedback opportunities to improve the university experience, such as student feedback surveys and student forums.
- Close the feedback loop - gather feedback and communicate it with the relevant person. Remember, you're a messenger - not a problem solver!
Still Not Sure?
To better understand the role of class rep, check out the short video below:
There are only 3 simple steps to the class rep nomination process. Gone are the days of walking around the campus waving your nomination form, looking for signatures. UL Student Life has gone fully digital!
Nominate yourself by completing the nomination form on our Election Page - HERE.
Email a minimum of 10 classmates asking them for their vote. To strengthen your campaign, we suggest that you explain who you are and why you think you should be their representative.
Once we receive confirmation of all 10 digital signatures, a member of UL Student Life will be in touch to confirm your election.
Leaders For Life
Leaders for Life is unlike any programme currently being run for student representatives in Irish colleges. Our aim is to champion and empower those brave students who want to step out of the crowd and put themselves forward as student representatives within the college community.
We want to provide them with practical skills that will enable them to understand their role and be able to conduct their role as a representative effectively. But we also want to support and inspire them to go beyond the role and develop their inner leader.
Learn more about Leaders for Life.