Who Are The Executive?
The Student Life Executive is working group of 12 students who are elected by you to help implement students’ ideas, run campaigns, support student led activities and represent students’ interests with the university at every level.
What do they do?
- Attend executive meetings once a week and Student Council fortnightly.
- Discuss feedback, policy proposals and work they've completed on behalf of students.
- Gather concerns, ideas and opinions from students or give guidance on the many issues students may be dealing with including medical queries, financial difficulties, accommodation, exam papers, and progression.
Work of The Executive
Each executive member has responsibility to act as the main representatives for a particular aspect of student life on campus. They must consult with and listen to students to be effective representatives. The president is the primary UL student representative within the university and nationally.
The four full-time student officers and PSU president sit on over 40 university committees representing the interests of all students. This involves a lot of background reading and meeting preparation to contribute effectively.
An exec oversight committee is elected from within the Student Council membership. The committee is made up of five council members whose role is to liaise with the Leadership and Representation office in reviewing executive officers’ performance and reports. Once all 5 members are elected, the committee will meet with the student representation coordinator who will explain the nature and intention of the committee.
If you are interested in any of the vacant positions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a nomination form below.
Why Get Involved?
- You get to shape your student life experience & become a student leader.
- Improves your confidence, public speaking, & leadership skills.
- Hours on the executive go towards the PVA.
Are You Ready to Step Up Your Leadership Skills?
Nominations open Wk1 and roll over weekly until all positions are filled.
To get elected you will need 10 proposers and 10 seconders, all of which need to be received via digital signatures.
Once you become a member of the executive you automatically have a seat on the Student Council.
** Nominations are currently close**